Friday 1 September 2017

Happy September!

Happy September to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch


"In the Riperian Forest" 
"Im Auenwald"


September brings us back to the old names of the months, this being the seventh month of the year before they added the "Caesarean" ones. 
It also brings us the autumnal equinox (or the vernal one if you live in the Southern hemisphere). 

September is my favourite month. Not only does it bring my birthday but 
- even more important - my favourite season: 
Autumn! have a good one! 

Enjoy this month with the beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch. 
He loves painting cranes and this is from their more secretive life 
after their mating dance and before starting their nesting.

You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

4 comments:

  1. That's right, we share a birthday! Plus my anniversary is in September so it's a particularly good month for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. My anniversary is in August but September will always be my favourite month.

      Have a good one,
      Marianne

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday month Marianne. I had my birthday in August. My favorite season used to be summer but it is so hot where I live now that I have changed my favorite to spring. In September it is still hot here so I am looking forward to October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said to Janet ^^ my anniversary month is August, so we have something in common ;)

      Our autumns (or falls) are very mild, that's why it still is my favourite season. But I also like spring. Hope your month won't be too hot.

      And I did send you a birthday greeting but it was on Google+. You might not go there often, so you might not have seen it, yet. ;)

      Anyway, have a good month,
      Marianne

      Delete