Friday 23 June 2017

Book Quotes of the Week



"There is no substitute for books in the life of a child." May Ellen Chase

"Read to escape reality ... Write to embrace it." Stephanie Connolly

"The newest books are those that never grow old." George Holbrook Jackson

"A book worth reading is worth buying." John Ruskin

"I love to read. That doesn't mean I don't have a life. It doesn't mean I'm a nerd. I only love the feeling that.. even when you're back in reality you still feel like you're in a different world." S.A. 

[If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

Find more book quotes here.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know who S A is but I agree completely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know, either. Couldn't find anything on the internet but just had to quote it.

      Delete
  2. There is no substitute for books in the life of a child..... I firmly believe in this and that is the reason I am worried as I see fewer and fewer children reading (the monster - The cell phone has taken over)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I see my nephews and nieces reading to their children and that gives me hope but I also see how dangerous the influence from outside is. Let's hope the next generation will still love books.

      Thanks for visiting my blog.
      Marianne

      Delete