Friday 14 April 2017

Book Quotes of the Week



"A fondness for reading, properly directed, must be an education in itself." Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

"In books lies the soul of the whole Past Time: the articulate audible voice of the Past, when the body and material substance of it has altogether vanished like a dream." Thomas Carlyle

"The multitude of books is making us ignorant." Voltaire 

"The reason a writer writes a book is to forget a book and the reason a reader reads one is to remember it." Thomas Wolfe

"I'm a bookaholic on the road to recovery. Ha, not really. I'm on the road to the bookstore." N.N.

Find more book quotes here.


[If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

2 comments:

  1. I'm a bookaholic usually on my way to Amazon. Have a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I'm always on my way to a book shop. I prefer the "real" ones rather to the online store but sometimes it can't be helped.

      Happy Reading,
      Marianne

      Delete