Monday 2 May 2016

Happy May!

I wish you all a happy May. * This month is always supposed to be sunny and cheerful. Wishing us all that this is the case. Surely this beautiful calendar image of a watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch "Boats in the Harbour of Groß Zicker" will help.


 

Same as last year, I'd like to share the wonderful watercolour paintings from Hanka and Frank Koebsch with you every month. I have bought their calendar every year for five years now and have loved every single one of their pictures. I hope you enjoy them just as much as I do.

You can find a lot more wonderful pictures on their blog here.

2 comments:

  1. I finished Nowhere in Africa, loved it. The movie was so good, but the book was better.
    Immediately ordered Somewhere In Germany.
    I'm not sure I would have wanted to go to Germany after all that had happened. Maybe not stay in Kenya, but not Germany. I'm very curious how it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked Nowhere in Africa. Her next book is just as great and will answer a lot of your questions. Of course, they did not really want to go back to Germany but her father didn't have a huge choice. If he ever wanted to work in his job again, he had to go to Germany, his English was not good enough and he probably would not have gotten to a level he could have used in his profession.

      Looking forward to hearing how how liked Somewhere in Germany.

      Happy Reading,
      Marianne

      Delete