Friday 8 May 2015

Book Quotes of the Week

"It always amuses me that the biggest praise for my work comes for the imagination, while the truth is that there's not a single line in all my work that does not have a basis in reality. The problem is that Caribbean reality resembles the wildest imagination." Gabriel García Márquez 

"Reading is by far the most successful pursuit of happiness." John Grisham

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." Anaïs Nin

"A good book is an event in my life." Stendhal

"A good book makes you want to live in the story. A great book gives you no choice." N.N.

[If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

Find more book quotes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment