Tuesday 10 March 2015

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Ten Books For Readers Who Like Classics


"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish". Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

March 10: Top Ten Tuesday ~ Ten Books For Readers Who Like Classics 

I had no problem to find the genre of which I would like to present my top ten favourites. However, as usual, I did have a problem finding ten. It's eleven, as so often. And no, I could not possibly leave one of the out. I had to leave out so many others. A lot of those have written more than just one fantastic book and I have a few of my favourite authors among them. For some of them, there is a link to all their novel, just click on their name

Alcott, Louisa May "Little Women" Series - 1868-86
Austen, Jane "Persuasion" - 1817
Brontë, Anne "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" - 1848
Collins, Wilkie "The Moonstone" - 1868
Dickens, Charles "Great Expectations" - 1861
Dinesen, Isak/Blixen, Karen "Out of Africa" - 1937
Dostoevsky, Fyodor "Crime and Punishment" (Преступление и наказание) - 1866
Eliot, George "Middlemarch" - 1871-72
Mann, Thomas "Buddenbrooks: The Decline of a Family" (Buddenbrooks) - 1901
Tolstoy, Lew Nikolajewitsch "War and Peace" (Война и мир = Woina I Mir) - 1868/69
Trollope, Anthony "Barchester Chronicles" - 1855-67

2 comments:

  1. Those are all great ones! I need to read more Russian authors!
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2015/03/top-ten-books-for-readers-who-like-jane.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lois,

      I also loved your Jane Austen list and have commented on there. I always think the same, I really need to read more Russian authors, I love them. But - so many books, so little time.

      Talk to you again soon, happy reading,
      Marianne

      Delete