Friday 11 July 2014

Book Quotes of the Week


"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested." Francis Bacon

"Reading is like thinking, like praying, like talking to a friend, like expressing your ideas, like listening to other people’s ideas, like listening to music, like looking at the view, like taking a walk on the beach."  Roberto Bolaño, 2666


"I became a book lover at a very young age. Books taught me that there are different lives and beautiful things." Rene Denfeld


"Let books be your dining table and you shall be full of delights, let them be your mattress and you shall sleep restful nights." St. Ephraim the Syrian


"Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read." Groucho Marx


Find more book quotes here. 

2 comments:

  1. The Francis Bacon quote is one of my favorites. Love the St. Ephraim one. I haven't heard that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Holly. I hadn't, either. I don't even remember where I found it, otherwise I'd gladly tell you. But I'm happy to share all those wonderful quotes here, I know some of my friends and followers appreciate them as much as I do.

    Have a good day,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete