Friday 12 April 2013

Book Quotes of the Week


Word cloud made with WordItOut

"Love of reading enables a man [or woman] to exchange the weary hours which come to every one, for hours of delight." Montesquieu

"The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read." Abraham Lincoln 

“In a good bookroom you feel in some mysterious way that you are absorbing the wisdom contained in all the books through your skin, without even opening them.” Mark Twain

"The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." Philip K. Dick

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but how many gent get through to you." Mortimer Adler

Find more quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. Marianne, love your quotes. I have been using Wordle to creat word pictures but need to look into your one! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used Wordle, as well but it doesn't like my computer, it tells me every time again that I need to download something. I downloaded about three times, then I gave up on it. I do like WordItOut but it only does horizontal words. Still, better than nothing.
    Thanks for loving the quotes, that's one reason I'm posting them, I love them too.

    ReplyDelete